A selection of psychedelic soul and wigged out stuff from around the globe… for the mighty Rig Out… Hope you Dig x
Justin Robertson holds a dear place in Electrique Music’s heart. For us and the rest of the world he is one of the most relevant and forward thinking djs/producers out there. With over 23 years career span remixing the likes of Erasure, Bjork, Happy Mondays, New Order, Talk Talk, Stereo mc s, Gary Clail, Fini Tribe, Felix the Housecat and Chicken lips to name but a few in a terrifyingly huge catalogue.
Justin’s latest incarnation as The Deadstock 33s has been garnishing lavish praise from established figures such as Andrew Weatherall and Erol Alkan, as well as a diverse cross section of fresh talent from Daniel Avery [ with whom he has a long standing production partnership] to Eats Everything.
The Deadstock 33s first appearance on Electrique Music was his amazing remix for Andre VII’s Discoteca Clandestina. This year he comes back with ” Summon The Primitive” a monster techno 2 tracker. This one is sure to be a hit.
Have a listen…
1. Pink Skull - Frottage Industry
2. Panama Disco Lights - The Mood I’m In (Rodion Nero Dub)
3. Los Pastores - Thank You Porvenir (Luke Solomon Remix)
4. Prins Thomas - Sat Klae
5. Nadia Ksaiba - Virtual Lover (Jimmy Edgar Remix)
6. Remain - Noses, Claudine and Horses
7. Tarjei Nygard - Hardkokt
8. Sanfuentes - Heatwave (Acid Dub)
9. DJs Pareja and Philip Gorbachev - Verish
10. Justin Robertson’s Deadstock 33s - Summon The Primitive
11. Los Mekanikos - Sentimiento
12. Dense and Pika - Backstage Mute
13. Shadowdancer - Hydrate (Photonz Remix)
14. Alejandro Paz - Duro (Diegors Dub)
15. V.M.R. - Bowie (Eskimo Twins Remix)
16. Canyon Cosmos - Fear of Plastic (Pilooski Edit)
17. Cheval Sombre - Couldn’t Do (Justin Robertson’s Deadstock 33s Remix)
Having first released his own productions through Bugged Out, Robertson’s 2001 album ‘Justin Robertson Presents Revtone’ is considered a classic of house and disco of the time. Recent years have seen him remix everyone from Bjork to the 2 Bears and Steve Mason to Mystery Jets, and having co-written an album with Gaz Dewar as Thee Earls, he is now producing as The Deadstock 33s, releasing material on Bang Gang, Remute, Paper and Fatboy Slim’s Southern Fried label. His current sets combine everything from psychedelic disco and techno to reggae, and regular sets at Chibuku and Fabric and at Bugged Out! parties around the world have seen Robertson continue to find new fans from every corner of dance music.
Justin appears at WHP13 as part of our exclusive celebration of 20 Years of the Radio 1 Essential Mix
BBC RADIO 1’S ESSENTIAL MIX LIVE: THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY
PETE TONG B2B EATS EVERYTHING
BOOKA SHADE - LIVE
STEVE LAWLER B2B HOT SINCE 82
SKREAM B2B JACKMASTER
DERRICK CARTER B2B KRYSKO
BONDAX B2B MONKI
PLUS VERY SPECIAL GUESTS
RUDIMENTAL - DJ SET
It’s fair to say that Justin Robertson is a bit of leg-end. Working behind the counter of record shop Eastern Bloc in Manchester in the early ’90s,…
Some sweaty Acid Disco psych out ….
1. EMPEROR MACHINE - HEY [EWAN PEARSON REMIX]
2.JUSTIN ROBERTSON’S DEADSTOCK 33S - RAMPAGE IN LOOP
3. RICHARD ROSSA - CONGA DRIVE
4.ALEJANDRO PAZ - EL HOUSE
5.DANIEL BALDELLI AND DJ ROCCA - A TV SHOW [LUKE SOLOMON REMIX]
6.JACQUES RENAULT/ MARCOS CABRAL - LOVE REACTION
7.GOLDEN BUG - ROOM 666 [ RED AXES REMIX]
10.FK CLUB -THE STRANGE ART [IN FLAGRANTI REMIX]
11.IN FLAGRANTI - TOILETRIES FOR BOTTOMS
12. CARISMA - MUERTE
13.SANFUENTE - RING MODULATOR
14.INIGO - SOY ELECTRONICO [RICHARD ROSSA REMIX]
15. ANDRE BRATTEN - LIBRA
16. HOTEL INTERNATIONAL -L’ANNEE DU DRAGON [MORGAN HAMMER REMIX]
17. ROYKSOPP - ICE MACHINE [ EWAN PEARSON DISCO DUB]
18. ANTI - TAN - IT’S OVER [DANIEL AVERY REMIX]
19. JUSTIN ROBERTSON’S DEADTSOCK 33S - THE CIRCULAR PATH [ LUKE SOLOMON REMIX]
20. CHEVAL SOMBRE - COULDN’T DO WITHOUT YOU [ JUSTIN ROBERTSON’S DEADSTOCK 33S REMIX]
A man of many talents and also many awesome hats!
Justin Robertson has provided us with this rather ace exclusive mix that take you on a journey through his own unique blend of house with dips into acid, disco, deeper vibes & beyond.
If you caught Justin smashing Barbarellas at last years Electric Elephant then you will know what to expect, if you missed him then you are in for a treat…enjoy!